January 24, 2022
Remote until further notice
Climate Action Steering Committee
Monday, January 24, 2022
Thurston Climate Mitigation Steering Committee
Monday, January 24, 2022 - 3:00-5:00* pm
In order to comply with the Governor’s guidance to “Stay Home and Stay Healthy” and in keeping with the Proclamation by the Governor Amending Proclamation 20-05 Open Public Meetings Act and Public Records Act issued on March 24th 2020, participation in this meeting will be through remote access only.
To register to attend the meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_pi0jimAMTkSERXRp2-n7KA
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
NOTE: Committee members will be pre-registered and will receive a separate link to join the meeting.
Meeting Recording | Meeting Summary
| ||1a.||Call to Order|| |
| ||1b.||Introductions|| |
| ||1c.||Approval of Agenda|| |
| ||1d.||Approval of Previous Meeting Summary (attachment 1)|| |
| || ||1e.||OPPURTUNITY FOR PUBLIC COMMENT|
During this portion of the meeting, members of the public may address the Committee regarding the Committee’s business. Public comment for this meeting will be accepted in written and oral format.
- Written comments: The deadline for submitting written public comments is noon (12 pm PST) the Friday preceding the meeting, January 21, 2022. For written comments, please include your name and address, your comment, and email them to email@example.com. Written comments received by the deadline will be provided to the Committee prior to the meeting.
- Oral comments: Please indicate that you wish to provide public comment when registering for the meeting. The Chair may limit oral public comments to two (2) minutes or less, depending on the meeting agenda and number of people wishing to comment. The Chair may allow for additional public comment to be taken at the end of the agenda for those who signed up at the beginning of the meeting and did not get an opportunity to speak during the allotted time.
| 3:20pm||2.||COMMITTEE BUSINESS|
| || ||2a.||Long Term Governance Agreement, 2022 Work Program (attachment 2) - All|
CASC members will take action approving a long-term governance agreement, a 2022 Work Program, and scope of work for TRPC to perform tasks identified in the annual work program. After approval by the CASC, the ILA and Scope of Work will need to be approved and signed by each individual jurisdiction before they go into effect..
| || ||2b.||2021 Annual Report - Allison Osterberg, TRPC |
TRPC staff will present an annual report on climate mitigation measures and action highlights from 2021.
|3a.||Legislative Agenda - Beth Doglio, Climate Solutions & RMI|
Former State Representative Doglio will provide an overview of climate legislation under consideration at the state level this session.
|3b.||Carbon Sequestration Background - TBD|
The TCMP includes carbon sequestration among the strategies to achieve emissions reductions. This presentation will cover background information to provide a foundation for future policy discussions.
| 4:40pm||4.||STANDING AGENDA ITEMS||INFORMATION / DISCUSSION|
|4a.||Legislative Agenda (attachment 3) - All |
Members will discuss priorities for the year, and consider approving a set of legislative priorities.
|4b.||Jurisdictional Information Sharing (attachment 4) - All|
Members share progress on implementation of the Thurston Climate Mitigation Plan or other relevant topics.
| 5:00pm||4.||Adjourn|| |
| ||*The times listed above are estimates. Items may not take the time allotted, and the meeting may adjourn early if all business has been completed. |
| ||TRPC ensures full compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 by prohibiting discrimination against any person based on race, color, national origin, or sex in the provision of benefits and services resulting from its federally assisted programs and activities. For questions regarding TRPC's Title VI Program, you may contact the Department's Title VI Coordinator at 360-956-7575.|
If you need special accommodations to participate in this meeting, please call us at 360-956-7575 by 10:00 am three days prior to the meeting. Ask for the ADA Coordinator. For TDD users, please use the state’s toll-free relay service, 711 and ask the operator to dial 360-956-7575.
ThurstonHeretoThere.org is an easy-to-navigate website which includes information on carpooling, vanpooling, rail, air, bus, bike, walking, health, telework and flexible schedules, recreation, and school transportation. Please consider using an alternate mode to attend this meeting: bike, walk, bus, carpool, or vanpool. This facility is served by Intercity Transit Routes 12 and 42.
| ||Note on Public Comment via Online Meeting:|
The following is not acceptable as either written or oral public comment and is considered disruptive behavior:
Members of the public engaging in disruptive behavior may have their emails blocked (for written comments) or be removed from the meeting (for oral comments).
- Promoting or advertising commercial services, entities or products.
- Supporting or opposing political candidates or ballot propositions.
- Distributing obscene content.
- Engaging in illegal activity or encouragement of illegal activity.
- Promoting, fostering or perpetuating discrimination on the basis of creed, color, age, religion, gender, gender identification, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- Threatening or intimidating language, including cyber bullying.
- Otherwise engaging in disruptive behavior.