September 3, 2021
Thurston Regional Planning Council
Friday, September 3, 2021
Thurston Regional Planning Council
Friday, September 3 , 2021 - 8:30-11:00 am
Zoom Teleconference Meeting
Participation in this meeting will be through remote access only.Watch the meeting live on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/trpc.orgTo register to attend the meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_s59BwJjHTpSksph314gf9wAfter registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.Note: Council members will be pre-registered and will receive a separate link to join the meeting.
|OPENING - 8:30 am|| |
|1.||Call to Order|| |
|3.|| ||Approval of Agenda||ACTION|
|a.||Approval of Minutes (attachment) - July 2, 2021|
| || ||b.||Approval of Vouchers (attachment) - June 15,2021 - August 13, 2021 2021|
| || ||c.||Mid-year 2021 Financial Report (attachment)|
| || 5.|| ||Public Comment Period|
| || || ||Public comment for this meeting will be accepted in written and oral format.|
To register for oral public comment, please use this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_s59BwJjHTpSksph314gf9w
- The deadline for submitting written public comments or registering for oral public comment at the meeting is noon (12:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time) the day preceding the meeting, September 2, 2021.
- For written public comment, please provide: 1) your name and address and 2) your comments, and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Written comments received by the deadline will be provided to the Council prior to the meeting.
1) check the box indicating you wish to provide public comment; and 2) list a general topic. The Chair may limit oral public comment to three minutes or less, depending on the meeting agenda and number of people wishing to comment.
| OTHER BUSINESS|| |
| 6.||Budget Amendment (attachment) - Veena Tabbutt, TRPC||ACTION|
|7.||Appointment of 2022 Work Program Subcommittee (attachment) - JW Foster, Chair||ACTION|
|8.||Appointment of 2022 Legislative Session Subcommittee (attachment) - Karen Parkhurst, TRPC|| ACTION|
|9.||2022-2025 Regional Transportation Improvement Program (RTIP) (attachment) (presentation) - Theressa Julius TRPC||1st REVIEW|
|11. ||2021 Council Retreat Follow-up (attachment) (presentation) - Marc Daily, TRPC||DISCUSSION|
|12.||Southwest Washington Regional Agricultural Business & Innovation Park (attachment) (presentation) - Michael Cade, Thurston Economic Development Council, Aslan Meade, Thurston Economic Development Council||PRESENTATION|
|10:10am||13.||Report from Outside Committee Assignments (Oral/Written Report)||INFORMATION|
|10:20am||14.||Executive Director's Report||INFORMATION|
|10:30am||15.||Member Check In - Chair JW Foster||DISCUSSION|
|Additional Informational Enclosures:|
October 1, 2021
The following is not acceptable as either written or oral public comment and is considered disruptive behavior:
Members of the public engaging in disruptive behavior may have their emails blocked (for written comments) or be removed from the meeting (for oral comments).
- Promoting or advertising commercial services, entities or products.
- Supporting or opposing political candidates or ballot propositions.
- Distributing obscene content.
- Engaging in illegal activity or encouragement of illegal activity.
- Promoting, fostering or perpetuating discrimination on the basis of creed, color, age, religion, gender, gender identification, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- Threatening or intimidating language, including cyber bullying.
- Otherwise engaging in disruptive behavior.
|TRPC ensures full compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 by prohibiting discrimination against any person based on race, color, national origin, or sex in the provision of benefits and services resulting from its federally assisted programs and activities. For questions regarding TRPC's Title VI Program, you may contact the Department's Title VI Coordinator at 360-956-7575.|
If you need special accommodations to participate in this meeting, please call us at 360-956-7575 by 10:00 am three days prior to the meeting. Ask for the ADA Coordinator. For TDD users, please use the state’s toll-free relay service, 711 and ask the operator to dial 360-956-7575.
ThurstonHeretoThere.org is an easy-to-navigate website which includes information on carpooling, vanpooling, rail, air, bus, bike, walking, health, telework and flexible schedules, recreation, and school transportation. Please consider using an alternate mode to attend this meeting: bike, walk, bus, carpool, or vanpool. This facility is served by Intercity Transit Routes 12 and 42.
“Provide Visionary Leadership on Regional Plans, Policies, and Issues.”
To Support this Mission:
- Support regional transportation planning consistent with state and federal funding requirements.
- Address growth management, environmental quality, economic opportunity, and other topics determined by the Council.
- Assemble and analyze data that support local and regional decision making
- Act as a “convener”, build regional consensus on issues through information and citizen involvement.
- Build intergovernmental consensus on regional plans, policies, and issues, and advocate local implementation.
TRPC MEETING NORMS
- Nothing happens without consistent good attendance by all members.
- Make sure you have a designated alternate.
- Members who are unprepared can’t contribute the best input.
- Make sure your alternate is prepared if you have to miss a meeting.
- Share your ideas.
- Engagement by all members is required for productive discussions.
- Create a safe place to ask questions and express views.
- Diversity is one of TRPC’s strengths.
- We each represent somebody who thought it wise to spend money to join TRPC.
- Report back to your jurisdiction, organization or community.
- TRPC is an effective organization that allows us to address regional issues in a productive way.
- Take time to recognize and celebrate our successes.