November 28, 2022
Remote with an in-person option for members of the public that do not have access to the internet.
Climate Action Steering Committee
Monday, November 28, 2022
Thurston Climate Mitigation Steering Committee
Monday, November 28, 2022 - 3:00-5:00pm
This hybrid meeting format will allow participants to attend in-person or use the remote option through the Zoom link. To register to attend the meeting remotely: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_pi0jimAMTkSERXRp2-n7KA.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
NOTE: Committee members will be pre-registered and will receive a separate link to join the meeting.
To attend in-person, visit the Thurston Regional Planning Council offices at 2411 Chandler Court SW, Olympia, WA 98502. This meeting will be held in Conference Room A.
| ||1a.||Call to Order|| |
| ||1b.||Introductions|| |
| ||1c.||Approval of Agenda|| |
| ||1d.||Approval of Previous Meeting Summary (attachment 1)|| |
| || ||1e.||OPPORTUNITY FOR PUBLIC COMMENT|
During this portion of the meeting, members of the public may address the Committee regarding the Committee’s business. Public comment for this meeting will be accepted in written and oral format.
- Written comments: The deadline for submitting written public comments is 8:00 am PST Monday, November 28, 2022. For written comments, please include your name and address, your comment, and email them to email@example.com. Written comments received by the deadline will be provided to the Committee prior to the meeting.
- Oral comments: Please indicate that you wish to provide public comment when registering for the meeting. The Chair may limit oral public comments to two (2) minutes or less, depending on the meeting agenda and number of people wishing to comment. The Chair may allow for additional public comment to be taken at the end of the agenda for those who signed up at the beginning of the meeting and did not get an opportunity to speak during the allotted time.
| 3:20pm||2.||COMMITTEE BUSINESS|
| || ||2a.||Advisory Workgroup Update - Casey Mauck, TRPC|
The CASC will receive an update on the Climate Advisory Workgroup.
|2b.||2021 Countywide Greenhouse Gas Inventory (presentation, attachment 2) - Michael Ambrogi and Casey Mauck, TRPC|
Staff will present the results of the 2021 Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory for Thurston County.
| 4:10pm||3.||STANDING AGENDA ITEMS||INFORMATION / DISCUSSION|
|3a.||Jurisdictional Information Sharing - All|
Members will share progress on implementation of the Thurston Climate Mitigation Plan or other relevant topics.
| ||*The times listed above are estimates. Items may not take the time allotted, and the meeting may adjourn early if all business has been completed. |
| ||TRPC ensures full compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 by prohibiting discrimination against any person based on race, color, national origin, or sex in the provision of benefits and services resulting from its federally assisted programs and activities. For questions regarding TRPC's Title VI Program, you may contact the Department's Title VI Coordinator at 360-956-7575.|
If you need special accommodations to participate in this meeting, please call us at 360-956-7575 by 10:00 am three days prior to the meeting. Ask for the ADA Coordinator. For TDD users, please use the state’s toll-free relay service, 711 and ask the operator to dial 360-956-7575.
ThurstonHeretoThere.org is an easy-to-navigate website which includes information on carpooling, vanpooling, rail, air, bus, bike, walking, health, telework and flexible schedules, recreation, and school transportation. Please consider using an alternate mode to attend this meeting: bike, walk, bus, carpool, or vanpool. This facility is served by Intercity Transit Routes 12 and 42.
| ||Note on Public Participation via Online Meeting:|
The following is not acceptable as either written or oral public comment and is considered disruptive behavior:
Members of the public engaging in disruptive behavior may have their emails blocked (for written comments) or be removed from the meeting (for oral comments).
- Promoting or advertising commercial services, entities or products.
- Supporting or opposing political candidates or ballot propositions.
- Distributing obscene content.
- Engaging in illegal activity or encouragement of illegal activity.
- Promoting, fostering or perpetuating discrimination on the basis of creed, color, age, religion, gender, gender identification, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- Threatening or intimidating language, including cyber bullying.
- Otherwise engaging in disruptive behavior.