November 5, 2021
Thurston Regional Planning Council
Friday, November 5, 2021
Thurston Regional Planning Council
Friday, November 5, 2021 - 8:30-11:00 am
Zoom Teleconference Meeting
Participation in this meeting will be through remote access only.Watch the meeting live on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/trpc.orgTo register to attend the meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_TZwz94OVQZeFMpDfllqZQQAfter registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.Note: Council members will be pre-registered and will receive a separate link to join the meeting.
|OPENING - 8:30 am|| |
|1.||Call to Order|| |
|3.|| ||Approval of Agenda||ACTION|
|a.||Approval of Minutes (attachment) - October 1, 2021|
| || ||b.||Approval of Vouchers (attachment) - October 2021|
| || 5.|| ||Public Comment Period|
| || || ||Public comment for this meeting will be accepted in written and oral format.|
To register for oral public comment, please use this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_TZwz94OVQZeFMpDfllqZQQ
- The deadline for submitting written public comments or registering for oral public comment at the meeting is noon (12:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time) the day preceding the meeting, November 4, 2021.
- For written public comment, please provide: 1) your name and address and 2) your comments, and send them to email@example.com. Written comments received by the deadline will be provided to the Council prior to the meeting.
1) check the box indicating you wish to provide public comment; and 2) list a general topic. The Chair may accept public comment from individuals that did not pre-register after registered public comment has been provided. The Chair may also limit oral public comment to three minutes or less, depending on the meeting agenda and number of people wishing to comment.
| OTHER BUSINESS|| |
| 6.||TRPC 2022 Work Program (attachment) (presentation) - Veena Tabbutt, TRPC||PRESENTATION|
|7.||Report on Broadband Action Team (attachment) (presentation) - Jennica Machado, Thurston County Economic Development Manager, and Marc Daily, TRPC||PRESENTATION|
|8.||State of our System - Safety (attachment) (presentation) - Aidan Dixon, TRPC||PRESENTATION|
|10.||2022 Legislative Priorities (attachment) (presentation) - Karen Parkhurst, TRPC||PRESENTATION|
|11.||Future of Logistics and Next Steps for Autonomous Vehicles (attachment) (presentation) - Marc Daily, TRPC||BRIEFING|
|10:15am||12.||Report from Outside Committee Assignments (Oral/Written Report)||INFORMATION|
|10:25am||13.||Executive Director's Report||INFORMATION|
|10:35am||14.||Member Check In - Chair JW Foster||DISCUSSION|
|Additional Informational Enclosures:|
December 3, 2021
The following is not acceptable as either written or oral public comment and is considered disruptive behavior:
Members of the public engaging in disruptive behavior may have their emails blocked (for written comments) or be removed from the meeting (for oral comments).
- Promoting or advertising commercial services, entities or products.
- Supporting or opposing political candidates or ballot propositions.
- Distributing obscene content.
- Engaging in illegal activity or encouragement of illegal activity.
- Promoting, fostering or perpetuating discrimination on the basis of creed, color, age, religion, gender, gender identification, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- Threatening or intimidating language, including cyber bullying.
- Otherwise engaging in disruptive behavior.
|TRPC ensures full compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 by prohibiting discrimination against any person based on race, color, national origin, or sex in the provision of benefits and services resulting from its federally assisted programs and activities. For questions regarding TRPC's Title VI Program, you may contact the Department's Title VI Coordinator at 360-956-7575.|
If you need special accommodations to participate in this meeting, please call us at 360-956-7575 by 10:00 am three days prior to the meeting. Ask for the ADA Coordinator. For TDD users, please use the state’s toll-free relay service, 711 and ask the operator to dial 360-956-7575.
ThurstonHeretoThere.org is an easy-to-navigate website which includes information on carpooling, vanpooling, rail, air, bus, bike, walking, health, telework and flexible schedules, recreation, and school transportation. Please consider using an alternate mode to attend this meeting: bike, walk, bus, carpool, or vanpool. This facility is served by Intercity Transit Routes 12 and 42.
“Provide visionary, collaborative leadership on regional plans, policies, and issues for the benefit of all Thurston region residents.”
To Support this Mission:
- Conduct regional transportation planning consistent with state and federal requirements
- Address growth management, environmental quality, economic opportunity, and other topics to sustain and enhance the region’s quality of life
- Assemble and analyze data that support informed local and regional decision making
- Act as a “convener” to build regional consensus on issues through information and inclusive public involvement
- Build intergovernmental consensus on regional plans, policies, and issues in support of local implementation
TRPC MEETING NORMS
- Nothing happens without consistent good attendance by all members.
- Make sure you have a designated alternate.
- Members who are unprepared can’t contribute the best input.
- Make sure your alternate is prepared if you have to miss a meeting.
- Share your ideas.
- Engagement by all members is required for productive discussions.
- Create a safe place to ask questions and express views.
- Diversity is one of TRPC’s strengths.
- We each represent somebody who thought it wise to spend money to join TRPC.
- Report back to your jurisdiction, organization or community.
- TRPC is an effective organization that allows us to address regional issues in a productive way.
- Take time to recognize and celebrate our successes.