Federal Highway Administration’s Surface Transportation Block Grant (STBG) program is flexible for a wide range of transportation infrastructure, services, and planning project types. TRPC’s 2022 Call for Projects includes six Regional Funding Priorities.
- Projects that support active transportation such as walking and bicycling.
- Projects that support meeting adopted vehicle level of service standards.
- Projects that help support Transportation Demand Management (TDM) goals and decrease annual per capita vehicle miles traveled in the Thurston Region.
- Projects that support a pavement “Best First” approach recognizing that regular maintenance is much more cost effective than allowing a roadway to deteriorate and then rebuilding it. No specific target set.
- Projects that support Transit Asset Management targets.
- Projects that keep bridges in a state of good repair. No specific target set.
- Projects that keep other portions of the transportation system in a state of good repair. No specific target set.
- Projects that develop project lists, support regional coordination, or provide data to inform planning.
- Projects that protect the transportation system from natural and technological hazards and disruptions.
- Projects that help reduce the number of fatalities and serious injuries on all public roads to zero by 2030.
- Projects that help reduce the number of non-motorist fatalities and serious injuries on all public roads (e.g., bicyclists and pedestrians) to zero by 2030.
- Projects that help reduce transit-related fatalities, serious injuries, and safety incidents.
For details on TRPC’s funding priorities, goals, and eligibility for the project types, review TRPC’s Call for Projects Process Guidance document.