Looking for more information about Thurston County, Washington?
Check out the 29th Edition of The Profile.
Below is a summary of the type of information found in the 2012 edition of The Profile:
- Statistical Profiles: One page statistical profiles for the county, cities, and tribes.
- History and Geography: Geography, weather, history, and historic and archeological preservation.
- Population and Demographics: Population trends and projections, components of population growth, demographic characteristics, including racial and ethnic distribution, age distribution, disability status, language spoken at home, and family structure.
- Housing and Real Estate: Dwelling unit estimates, housing starts, subdivision activity, housing sales, average rent, vacancy rates, and housing affordability index.
- Employment: Employment trends and wages by sector, State employment trends, unemployment rate, top 10 employers, and employment projections.
- Economics: Income and poverty statistics, taxable retail sales, Consumer Price Index, Cost of Living Index, local government finance, economic development, international trade, and agriculture.
- Education and Quality of Life: Public and private primary and secondary education, higher education, educational attainment, library services, law enforcement, and crime index.
- Transportation: Vehicle ownership, miles traveled, commuting trends including inbound and outbound travel, mode split, travel time, and commute trip reduction, transit service, and freight data.
- Environment and Natural Resources: Land cover, forest harvest activity, land in tax protection programs, urbanization trends by watershed, parks and public lands, solid waste and wastewater management, and water and air quality.
- Governance and Social Services: Local and tribal governance, local government finance, law enforcement, fire protection, and other social services.
Title Pages and Table of Contents [pdf 273 KB]
Statistical Profiles [pdf 221 KB]
Chapter 1: History and Geography [pdf 1.2 MB]
Chapter 2: Population and Demographics [pdf 2 MB]
Chapter 3: Housing and Real Estate [pdf 742 KB]
Chapter 4: Employment [pdf 439 MB]
Chapter 5: Economics [pdf 278 KB]
Chapter 6: Education and Quality of Life [pdf 160 KB]
Chapter 7: Transportation [pdf 2 MB]
Chapter 8: Environment and Natural Resources [pdf 778 KB]
Chapter 9: Governance and Social Services [pdf 225 KB]
Thurston County Vicinity Map [pdf 145 KB]
Map 1: Thurston County Geography [pdf 1 MB]
Map 2: Thurston County Historic Settlements [pdf 334KB]
Map 3: Thurston County City Limits and Urban Growth Areas, 2011 [pdf 552KB]
Map 4: Thurston County Annexations, 2000-2010 [pdf 314 KB]
Map 5: Thurston County School Districts [pdf 360 KB]
Map 6: Thurston County Fire Districts Tax Authority Areas [pdf 360 KB]
Map 7: Thurston County Fire Districts TCOMM 9-1-1 Coordinated Fire Response Areas [pdf 379 KB]
Map 8: Thurston County Commissioner Districts [pdf 958 KB]
Map 9: Thurston County Congressional and Legislative Districts [pdf 867 KB]
Map 10: Thurston County Residential Dwelling Unit Density, April 1995 [pdf 372 KB]
Map 11: Thurston County Lacey-Olympia-Tumwater Urban Area Residential Dwelling Unity Density, April 1995 [pdf 329 KB]
Map 12: Thurston County Residential Dwelling Unity Density, April 2010 [pdf 376 KB]
Map 13: Thurston County Lacey-Olympia-Tumwater Urban Area Residential Dwelling Unit Density, April 2010 [pdf 331 KB]
Map 14: Thurston County Housing Starts 2002-2006 [pdf 905 KB]
Map 15: Thurston County Housing Starts 2007-2011 [pdf 906 KB]
Map 16: Thurston County Lacey-Olympia-Tumwater Urban Area Employment Density, 2010 [pdf 303 KB]
Map 17: Thurston County Transportation Infrastructure [pdf 310 KB]
Map 18: Thurston County 2011 PM Peak Hour Traffic Volumes [pdf 968 KB]
Map 19: Thurston County 2011 PM Peak Hour Traffic Volumes [pdf 621 KB]
Map 20: 2035 PM Peak Hour Forecast Traffic Volumes [pdf 1.5 MB]
Map 21: 2035 PM Peak Hour Forecast Traffic Volumes Lacey-Olympia-Tumwater-Urban Area [pdf 1.5 MB]
Map 22: Thurston County Hydrology [pdf 537 KB]
Map 23: Thurston County Parks and Trails [pdf 347 KB]
Complete 2012 Profile
[pdf 7.5 MB]
[pdf 394 KB]
See below for individual chapters and maps.